For many homeowners, garage cleaning is one of their major concerns. Since, it is impossible to hire maid services for this aspect of your house cleaning, this task is normally considered as a daunting task by most homeowners. Surprisingly, this one is the least of worries of homeowners since they will also be confronted with other aspects related to the garage such as additions, renovations and improvements. You have to decide the scope and scale of the work that needs to be done to get the garage in tip-top shape or restore to its original pristine state.
Once you are able to get your garage in shape, you can maximize its use by outfitting it with the usual comforts of the home – heating and air conditioning system, plumbing and even phone wiring system.
There are three approaches when it comes to garage improvement:
• Additions – If you want to enhance the garage for the protection of your car, for extra storage space or for extension of your livable space – or a combination of any of these or all three – then your best option is to go for a garage addition. This aspect of garage improvement can even involve the addition of a second story when in need of extra living area. There are now a growing number of homeowners who are looking at the garage as the best starting point for their home addition projects. These garage additions are utilized as home offices, workshop or studio space.
• Remodeling – Homeowners can also enhance the function of the garage without having to spend as much as what is required in garage additions. Through remodeling, your garage can double as your home office, workshop or home studio. When you opt for this garage improvement option, you must remember that you will have to sacrifice some portions of your garage space for a particular purpose. As such, your garage becomes a multi-function room where you have your car, workshop or home office and storage space.
• Storage and Organization – Occupying the lowest tier of your garage improvement options is garage organization and storage. While organizing can be considered a simple task, it can also be a tiresome activity for a number of homeowners. The basic rule of effective garage organization is the designation of the right places for every item in your garage. This means that your primary concerns shall be to maximize the use of available space while ensuring that items are logically arranged and ensure easy access to tools needed on a daily basis.
Here are the basic ground rules that you must follow when working on garage storage and organization:
1. Begin by sorting and classifying the items and tools in your garage. An effective way to do this is by emptying your garage of all items and sorting these items into main categories, i.e. electric tools, lawn maintenance tools, sporting equipment, etc. Once you are able to determine the amount of stuff that you have to put in your garage, decide the best way to sort and store them in designated places in your garage.
2. Identify and separate seasonal items from those things that you use on a regular basis. Hire a handyman for the installation of a rack or cabinet where you can hang or store these items.
3. Add space for storage through the installation of additional cabinets or shelves. These storage spaces can be mounted on walls to maximize the use of available garage space. You may opt for plastic bins and drawers if you are considering inexpensive alternatives to storage cabinets and shelves.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg