Although it is true that some homeowners need the help of realtors or real estate agents to sell their homes, with the recession, some have decided to sell their homes on their own. Indeed, as a seller, you can save thousands of dollars in realtor commissions if you opt to sell your home on your own.
Nowadays, home sellers working without a realtor is becoming a popular solution in the real estate market. Nonetheless, you should keep in mind that it is not an easy task. Here are tips on selling your home without working with a realtor.
1. Price your home right from the beginning. Determine the values of homes in your neighborhood that are similar to yours. Keep in mind that location plays a major role in pricing your home.
2. Make an investment on home repairs instead of home renovations. Remember that even the most valuable home improvement only reflects ninety percent of your investment in an increase in the selling price of your home. Consider investing in a fresh coat of paint for the rooms than adding a bedroom or bathroom. Enhance the curb appeal to make your home more attractive and inviting.
3. Advertise on newspaper ads, put up For Sale signs around your area, open houses and pay for a nationwide MLS Listing to get the word out that you are selling your property.
4. Be safety at all times by making it a point to get the numbers of people who want to see your home and check them out before agreeing to let them into your house. If possible, do not show your home without another person in the house with you during the showing.
5. Make showing time a time to interview your prospective buyers. Ask them if they have secured financing, date they plan on moving and the terms they want to get. Through this, you will be able to determine who are those who do not have an intention to buy your home so you do not waste your time.
6. It is of vital importance to be available to take calls and show your home to probable buyers. As soon as you have listed your home, set aside a few hours everyday to make appointments of viewings. Make sure that your home is well kept at all times, dishes cleared, beds made and clean.
7. Be aware of the lending and funding options that are available to your buyers. It would be to your advantage if you could steer an interested homebuyer toward a mortgage lender of offer information about homebuyers‘ programs.
8. Get yourself ready to negotiate with prospective homebuyers. You have to step back from your emotional involvement to be able to negotiate well.
9. As soon as an offer is made on your home, you have to hire the services of an inspector, arrange for escrow and all other legalities. Keep in touch with your buyer throughout the whole process and keep it moving on schedule.
10. If your buyer has to close within thirty days and you are not ready to move, look for an apartment to store your furniture.
It takes knowledge of your local real estate market, including current sales activity and what is on the market to be able to sell your home successfully even without hiring a realtor.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg